ASMIS Taking Off in the Caribbean
Ideal Business Services Ltd have installed their ASMIS, (Airport Statistics Management Information System), software for both the St Lucia Air & Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) and Dominica Air & Sea Ports Authority (DASPA).
ASMIS helps small to medium-sized airports to monitor all aircraft, passenger and cargo activity more effectively. The web-based application provides real-time information and management reports on all airport activity, including:
- Aircraft arrivals and departures
- Passenger numbers, embarking, disembarking and in transit
- Cargo data
- Analysis of aircraft operator activity
- Parkings and extensions
- Analysis of aircraft movements by type and by category
- Airport service charge calculations and invoice production
ASMIS is being used by SLASPA to record all data at their George FL Charles and Hewanorra International Airports. On Dominica, DASPA have installed the system at their Melville Hall and Canefield airports.
Kelvin Henderson, IT Systems Administrator for Dominica Air & Sea Ports Authority, commented, “Dominica Air & Sea Ports Authority was introduced to Ideal Business Services by our friends at SLASPA. Presently, we have ASMIS installed and it is being used at both of our airports effectively. We are very satisfied with the level of support and the fact that ASMIS can be customized to suit our needs. Ideal are very friendly, professional and highly competent. The willingness to fulfill our requests and also make recommendations really builds our confidence in Ideal and gives the assurance that they work with the customer’s best interest at heart.”
Other features of ASMIS include:
- Flight information verification
- Aircraft activity statistical information
- Passenger and cargo movements
- Analysis of flight information by type of movement
- Billing of aircraft activity per operator for landings, parkings and extensions.
- Analysis of flight information per aircraft type
- Load factoring of each flight
- Invoice calculations for aircraft landings, parkings and passenger disembarkation / embarkation fees
- Billing calculations for ancillary airport services such as rentals and general service charges
Ideal are now offering ASMIS to all airports as either a standalone solution, or integrated into existing computer systems.